OCTOBER 15

1939 1:30 Inevitably tomorrow brings reality + its immediate problems – Managed to make the Philo-Web alumnae breakfast. Came home + slept till time for tea. – Wore my formal for last time for awhile – I hope. Went out for a picnic – Donna + I talked till 1:30. I like her so much!

1940 11:00 Well, I lasted. Went pretty good… Is this all going to be “clawing up a cliff” like this? – God, I hope not. – I feel like it would be a good deal if they would let me snooker out between semesters if that job works out in Minneapolis – Gee, I wish it would! – Grades recorded tonight – What a mess!

1941 Wed Creative Wr. – Krause got off on a tangent. Wilber + Emil insisted on walking all the home w/ me.

1942 THURS

1943 FRI I WENT TO THE PROM ON THE Prairie State WITH VIC… IT RILLY NICE… GEE, THOSE BOYS LOOKED SO CLEAN, SO YOUNG, SO good. I FEEL POOHED OUR… VIC GOT OUT OF WEEK-END WATCH BY TELLING THE C.O. THAT “HIS GIRL WAS COMING FROM SOUTH DAKOTA!” IMAGINE… AND, WHAT’S MORE, I WAS INTRODUCED TO HIM IN THAT CAPACITY! MY FEET ARE A MESS. HEARD FROM KRIK.