OCTOBER 18

1939 We didn’t have class to-day night so I didn’t read my “story” – Carp took me to the show + then Bob + Donna J + Leonard + I went on a “picnic” on a vacant lot.

1940 Got to go to the game tonight after all – Unfortunately, it was not the Eilers number but a completely blind number – I’m sure I won’t go out with him again Even if he’s 6’3”, has a Lincoln Zephyr + would take me around plenty. He has a fat, mean face and also a wife whom I’m not even sure is divorced!

1941 Sat Gee, swell… Went to G.W.S. H. rehearsals, talked w/ Eve, saw Landey – who’s swell. – Saw Betty she makes me ill – Sleeping in “front bedroom”

1942 SUN BOB R. + I WENT TO the MAJOR + the MINOR. HE IS HIGHLY INTELLIGENT; AND NICE – CERTAINLY DOESN’T STIMULATE ME OTHERWISE THAN intellectually, THOUGH…

1943